Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The challenge now is to learn...

There certainly are a lot of ways to learn about cruising and sailing. I have been reading books and following sailing blogs for about a year. My favorite blogs are listed on this site. While I have had a couple of sailing courses, and have been around boats for many years, Shirl and I are basically newbies at sailing. We both have a lot to learn in a few months, and we realize that we will begin cruising without knowing all we need to. There will be a lot we learn as we cruise...kind of an on the job training course. The "Sailing for Dummies" books were gifts to us from friends and family, and are actually quite informative. I am in the process of creating a list of books for this blog that I have found to be educational as well as entertaining. If anyone has any suggestions about books that would be helpful, please comment and let us know. We would love to hear from you.


Thanks to my friends at MM Clinic at CHMCC for the book. I miss seeing the patients and all of you as well. Thanks to Shirl's daughter and her fiance David for the other book. We can both read at the same time! I hope to get some sailing in this weekend...along with a lot of work on the boat.

1 comment:

  1. The New Complete Sailing Manual by Steve Sleight is a comprehensive book...covers a bit of everything.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you...if you are having trouble leaving a comment please email us and let us know. Thanks, Ted and Shirl