A lot has been accomplished in the last week...
1. Received the USCG documentation on Serenity... thank you Home Land Security!
2. Garmin Radar and AIS were installed...older unit for sale-see below
3. I received my MMSI number
4. The chart plotter software was updated
5. The VHF was programmed with my MMSI number.
6. The receipt for the registration for the EPIRB arrived.
7. I found and purchased the rechargeable LED spotlight...$20 cheaper than the local marine store
8. I received The Rogue Wave Pro I had ordered...(wifi) This will be the last item installed before we leave in less than two weeks. The installation looks simple enough. I will let you know how simple as well as how it works. Hopefully The Rogue Wave will make it possible to update this blog on a regular basis.
9. Doctors appointments...physicals...flu shot...
10. Dental appointment for checkup and cleaning
11. Eye exam...new sun glasses...I hope to need them a lot.
There is still much to do in the next week. Our departure date is getting close!
I have a Furuno Radar system from 1996 that functions well. I would love to give it a good home.
The mounting bracket and all wiring are included, as well as the dome. If you are interested please email me at email@example.com. The radar unit works well. I upgraded so that the radar would display at the helm on the chart plotter...easier and safer for a newbie. If I had more experience I doubt I would have upgraded the radar. I would like to sell this in the next week or so, before we leave. I also have the owners manual. Make an offer...the radar mast is not included. It is the home of our new radar dome.