Monday, May 7, 2012

Freedom

While trying to make a decision about taking a break from work I received the following news. The company I work for has decided that my position with them no longer exists. I was offered a position that management knew I could not accept.  There have been philosophical differences that made it necessary for me to turn down the new position. I am faced with a non-competition agreement that prohibits me working for a period of time. This presents me with time to do something I have always wanted to do...to cruise...to find freedom on the ocean...to travel...to sail.
No schedule! For the first time in thirty-two years at the end of May 2012, I will not have a schedule.For the first time in 37 years I will be unemployed.  Am I finished working?...I do not think so. I have been fortunate to be part of a wonderful profession. I will no doubt include posts about my career as a Licensed, Certified Orthotist on this blog from time to time. Knowing I may go back to work in eighteen to twenty-four months is not nearly as confining as going back tomorrow. For now I have to negotiate with the company concerning my exit and say goodbye to people I have worked with for years. There are mixed emotions. I no longer want to work with my present company, but I sure will miss what I have done for over three decades. Did I mention that I made a deposit on a boat...more soon.
Sail on,
Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you...if you are having trouble leaving a comment please email us and let us know. Thanks, Ted and Shirl