Sunday, September 23, 2012

“If I had more skill in what I’m attempting, I wouldn’t need so much courage” Ashleigh Brilliant

This title is so true and I am sure will be the subject of a post in the near future. We are asked a lot if we are worried or fearful. This question never comes from those with sailing experience however. The short answer is that right now we are not worried and not fearful. Ask us again tomorrow night.
Today the weather was not any better than the last week has been.  It is cold and rainy. We are definitely getting used to the motion of the boat. We did however complete the remaining projects and will leave early tomorrow morning. The forecast is for favorable winds and a high of 60 degrees.

Our window on the world shot... Red skies at night... sailors delight.

 We topped off the fuel tank as well as the water. This is Serenity at the fuel dock in between rain and wind storms. We got back into our slip just in time.

 The fuel interesting picture.

 The last day in Lorain and a drink and dinner at Jackalopes. This marina has been a good place for us. We have met some nice people...a lot of sailors, and logged some sailing experience, and are much more familiar with Serenity.

 Waterspouts on the lake. One of the reasons we did not leave today. This picture was taken with a cell phone. Shirl saw a couple of these while on a walk today. There was a small craft warning as well.

 Shirl on the rocks!

Bird dock at our marina. The adventure begins tomorrow with an eight hour sail! Our goal is to get to Fairport. In the event of bad weather we can stop in Cleveland. With sailing you always need a plan B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you...if you are having trouble leaving a comment please email us and let us know. Thanks, Ted and Shirl